Welcome to our class!

We are an environmental science course at St. Benedict's Prep in Newark, NJ, taught by Mrs. T. We'll be blogging about environmental issues all term, so please stay tuned!

Sunday, April 24, 2016

Sixth Extinction

I presented on the sixth extinction. However, to first talk about that, I needed to teach the class about the previous five extinctions. After describing each extinction I finally jumped into what the sixth extinction was. It is us. The class was very interested to learn about how one day, we as humans could be gone. I taught the class on how we as humans are effecting our earth in a negative way. We are destroying nature, the oceans, and organisms. This is going to lead our extinction, not a asteroid but possibly a famine or some sort if we continue our approach. Finally I used a very helpful video that explained the sixth extinction and how we effect everything around us that will lead to the sixth extinction. 

No comments:

Post a Comment